einpoklum - reinstate Monica
Important: StackExchange Inc. is firing moderators and treating the community with condescension. For shame!
Made my way from the Olympus of Complexity Theory, Probabilistic Combinatorics and Property Testing to the down-to-earth domain of Heterogeneous and GPU Comuting, and now I'm hoping to bring the gospel of GPU and massive-regularized parallelism to DBMS architectures. I'm post-doc'ing at the DB architecture group in CWI Amsterdam to do (some of) that.
I subscribe to most of Michael Richter's critique of StackOverflow; you might want to take the time to read it.
If you listen closely you can hear me muttering "Why am I not socratic again already?"
Member for 2 years, 8 months
10 profile views
Last seen Nov 7 at 14:32
- Stack Overflow 45.6k 45.6k 3030 gold badges161161 silver badges316316 bronze badges
- Academia 28.2k 28.2k 22 gold badges4747 silver badges157157 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 6.5k 6.5k 33 gold badges2121 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 5.5k 5.5k 66 gold badges3939 silver badges9090 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 4.3k 4.3k 33 gold badges3030 silver badges6363 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 553 An apology to our community, and next steps
- 395 SE Inc. Director of Public Q&A retweets bad-faith, misrepresentative tweet
- 271 What is a smart pointer and when should I use one?
- 226 What is a "span" and when should I use one?
- 201 What is a "span" and when should I use one?
- 189 What is std::move(), and when should it be used?
- 105 Why does an environment's label have to appear after the caption?
- View more network posts →