Recently, I created tag . Even more recently, I found tag .

  1. Should the latter be a synonym of the former?

  2. Should be renamed with synonyms , , and ?


I don't think they're synonyms. refers to people of the male gender while refers to a branch of medicine.

  • Do andrology and pediatrics overlap? If so, questions on male children could have tags andrology and pediatrics instead of the NAMBLA-esque boy. – Rodrigo de Azevedo Sep 2 '20 at 0:49
  • 1
    @RodrigodeAzevedo I think you're overthinking this. I don't know how you got from andrology to pediatrics, and certainly not to NAMBLA. – Carey Gregory Mod Sep 2 '20 at 5:27
  • 2
    I second that male-men-man-boy is unnecessarily complicated, male should do just fine. – Narusan Sep 2 '20 at 7:57
  • @CareyGregory If a male child has, say, testicular problems, which medical specialties will the doctors seeing him come from? My guess would be andrology and pediatrics. Am I wrong? Why? – Rodrigo de Azevedo Sep 2 '20 at 11:22
  • @RodrigodeAzevedo And if an adult male has the same problems? Gender and age are two separate things, so there's no reason to link gender to pediatrics. I agree with Narusan that male should be just fine and there's no reason for the silly male-men-man-boy to exist. – Carey Gregory Mod Sep 2 '20 at 14:29
  • @CareyGregory Rephrasing, does andrology apply to male children? Or only to males past puberty? Note that there is also female-women-woman-girl. – Rodrigo de Azevedo Sep 2 '20 at 14:48
  • 2
    I renamed both of the silly male-man-men-boy and female-women-woman-girl tags to male and female. I don't think either one of them need synonyms. – Carey Gregory Mod Sep 3 '20 at 14:20

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .